Reblocking Fountain Gate. At Underpinning Fountain Gate, we know that reblocking your homes is one of the most maintenance-intensive and tricky projects you can do around the home. This article is designed to give you an overview of what reblocking entails and what you need to consider. Reblocking is the process of replacing old material stumps on a house that uses subfloors as a basis for its building foundations, with new, enhanced stumps.
What happens to stumps over time? Much like any infrastructure, they begin to decay. After a period of time if they are not replaced damaged stumps can cause structural instability to your foundations, cracks in the walls, sloping and doors which move out of frame.
A professional restrumping services company is usually the best point of call to assist you in reblocking your investment.
REBLOCKING VS UNDERPINNING Fountain Gate
It’s great to have an idea between between Reblocking and underpinning.
Underpinning is the revitalisation of concrete or additional material to support existing flat foundations. Reblocking is about replacing the material itself – using wooden, steel or concrete ‘blocks’
REBLOCKING COST Fountain Gate
How much does Reblocking cost?
In general, reblocking can vary between $8000-$20,000. But this is an estimate only, and final costs can fluctuate depending on:
- The size of your property
- Age of the blocks/stumps will have an impact on the final price.
- Soil conditions
- Access points
WHAT DOES REBLOCKING INVOLVE?
To give you an idea of the reblocking process, we have put together a step-by-step guide to what most reblocking companies in Fountain Gate consider best practice.
- Protect yourself with reblocking insurance. Home and contents contracts may cover you for a partial cost in reblocking your home, especially if structural damage has already occurred.
- Visual inspection of house stumps. This is where reblocking advice begins. Before you engage a full reblocking team in Fountain Gate, a visual inspection of the stumps is best advised. In this step, a professional reblocking engineering team digs into the soil next to the stumps to examine the condition of the wood, concrete or steel. Using this inspection, reblocking professionals can advise you if you need a complete rehaul of your stumps, of if it just requires realignment of your existing stumps.
- Reblocking process. Qualified reblocking professionals in Fountain Gate will replace your existing stumps. These will be either wood, concrete or steel, and may have decayed significantly. Most modern reblocking companies then provide new stumps of concrete or steel that can last up to 25-80 years!
- Reblocking report. You will receive a copy of the reblocking report, written by the reblocking team in Fountain Gate. This is your guarantee against any new reblocking for at least 25 years.
OUTSOURCING REBLOCKING Fountain Gate, LOCAL REBLOCKING Fountain Gate
As mentioned above, reblocking is a renovator’s nightmare. We recommend a professional reblocking services company to take it on for you. That’s where we can assist you.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
Reblocking time will vary, but most work can be done in under a week.
REBLOCKING LENGTH OF TIME
Modern stumps last a long time (up to 80 years), but the average is 25 years. This means you should engage a reblocking company to do a visual check up every ten years or so, or do one yourself.
REBLOCKING SERVICES Fountain Gate
These are the types of services we offer at Total Underpinning:
- Reblocking advice Fountain Gate
- Reblocking advice Fountain Gate
- Underpinning Fountain Gate
- Reblocking estimates Fountain Gate
- Expert, flexible Reblocking professionals Fountain Gate
- Reblocking and restacking
- Reblocking cost Fountain Gate
- Replace stumps Fountain Gate
- Reblocking assessment reports Fountain Gate
- Professional Reblocking services Fountain Gate
- Reblocking and restacking Fountain Gate
- Reblocking, Reblocking and underpinning work Fountain Gate.
- Expert reblocking Fountain Gate
- Reblocking visual assessments
- Reblocking Fountain Gate
- Resetting reblocks
- Reblocking assessments
CONTACT US FOR YOUR REBLOCKING JOB Fountain Gate
Interested in engaging a professional reblocking company in Fountain Gate to assist you with checking and replacing decaying stumps? Call us today.
Office Location in Fountain Gate